4.30.2013

Dating Aids...

So, I did it. I signed up to an online dating site last night.

I tried it out several years ago, but I was in university back then, I lived downtown, so I didn't really need to meet people online or take it very seriously.

That’s changed now.

I’m old. (er)

I need aids.

Not AIDS aids, just old people aids. Like a hearing aid, but for dating. Ok I think you get it...

But yeah, I need them because, well, I don’t have a life anymore. Omg I can’t believe I just wrote that. (cue the cats)

I have a full-time J.O.B, and exactly 0.0 single friends.

I can’t turn to the people I work with because that's just never a good idea – and my coupled-up friends don’t have time to help me with my love life because they're too busy wrapped up in their own. (selfish bastards)

Actually, I’m thinking of getting a part-time job just to meet new people.
Did you hear that? That’s how desperate I am right now. I am willing to cut down on the little free "me time" I have, to take on a 2nd job to meet someone. Anyone with a penis.
God, this is so depressing. And the prospects even more so.
I'm not ready to update you on what exactly I'm finding, but let me tell you, it's good. And by good I mean absolutely dreadful.

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. It seriously is so hard to date now. I met my boyfriend in a bar, but it was a fluke I swear. I also contemplated a second job at one point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know a lot of people who have had good luck with online dating so you never know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you!Though I'm not too convinced this site is for me.. we'll see, I guess.

      Delete