6.03.2013

The Swing of Things...

Ok so you know when you go to one of those trendy cool spots and you see that girl woman by herself at the bar with her glass of red looking all confident and perfectly comfortable and think to yourself "I wish I could be that brave and awesome"? 

Well, that's me these days. 

(Ok so maybe I haven't actually sat at any bar by myself yet, but I'm very much feeling like I could. Maybe, for like 20 minutes... while I wait for a friend.)

While the last few weekends (and by weekends I mean Wednesday to Sunday) have been a bit of a whirlwind - my body hates me right now - I've been having the most fun I have in a very long time. That young hot little troublemaker I tucked away all those years ago, well, she's back. And better than ever. Seriously, it's amazing what a little summertime sun can do for a girl's mojo. (... did that just make me sound old?)

Anyway, I don't know if its the 12 pounds I lost, or because I know what I want now - probably both - but I'm feeling so confident & comfortable these days that I don't even recognize myself. Or is the opposite and I'm feeling more myself than ever? Hmmm, I'm not sure. But overall, I'm just so much more sure of things, and myself, and I'm loving it.

Sure of what I want in a guy, sure of what I have to offer, sure of what I'm willing to put up with, and sure of what I can commit to.

And you know what, it's working for me. Not to toot my own horn or anything (haha, yeah right) - but I've been cleaning up pretty well if I do say so myself. I haven't given my number out to anyone yet, but I have collected several. I notice guy's notice me when I walk into the room, or sit at the bar, and that's because my head is up, for a change. (Being 5'10 and in heels and towering over everyone may have something to do with that as well, but I'd like to think it's more than that). 

I'm more relaxed now. More at ease. More myself. 

I hold eye contact longer, laugh louder, and dance freer. 

And guys people are noticing it. This is a new me. Maybe it's being 28, maybe I'm rebounding, or maybe it's the sun, but I have this sneaking suspicion that this summer is going to be great. 

Ps. I saw the ex last night. Talk about a buzz kill.
... but I'll save that story for tomorrow.

Happy Monday all :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment