2.20.2017

Been here before...

I noticed a pattern. And I don't think its as coincidental as it may seem - or, as I thought anyway. 

Actually, I lied. I didn't notice it. My best friend did. And he was more than happy to point it out to me (more than happy) whilst I was relishing in my new sense of independence post break up. (Well, not really a break-up, more like a break ...off?)

Basicallyyyy, spring makes me love me and winter makes me hate me. Or more accurately, with spring comes a profound sense of "I need to make time for me and just focus on painting my life in brighter colours and let whoever is supposed to walk in, walk in" .... and winter, more of a "omg, I'm 98 and single my eggs are drying up, I need to find someone (anyone) to hold me".

Literally every year.
Like clockwork.

(Don't worry, I'm rolling my eyes at me for you.)

I don't know how I haven't seen this before. I mean, I guess because I've been living it. Feeling it as feelings. And feeling all your feelings makes time feel super long, so you don't really notice the patterns - but, yeah, interesting. And accurate as ever.

So in case you haven't already guessed... I'm feeling quite good right now on the love front. And by that I just mean I'm realizing it doesn't necessarily need to be on my front burner at the moment. I have bigger pots to attend to.

And quite honestly, I could do with a little humour & surprise right about now. So I'll just leave the door open...


1 comment:

  1. Haha I wonder if we all paid attention if we would notice out patterns. I like how honest you write!

    ReplyDelete