2.14.2017

Spring cleaning...

Sooooo... I broke it off.

(Not today, that would be cruel. Friday.)

And instantly, I knew it was right. I just felt so overwhelmingly relieved.

It's funny how sometimes you don't realize how much you're holding onto something until you opt to let it go. I had a feeling I was in my head too much;. I kept questioning whether being with someone was a mental decision or a feeling; if you somehow have to choose between fun and love. But it wasn't sitting well. And then, when I finally did decide to just to cut him loose - not because I had an answer but because the guilt of asking him to wait on me while I tried to figure things out was wearing me out - it was like "oh yeah, no, it's definitely a feeling."

And just like that, I was instantly reassured. Reminded that if its supposed to be - it will actually just be. There is no in your head, there is no needing to slow down, there is no trying to rationalize... anything. It will just work.

Because love is energy. You feel it. In every part of your being. And if its not there - its not you, its not him - its just not love.

What I also realized was that, even though he is "the perfect guy" (you know, mature, kind & looking to settle down) that means jack squat if you're not "the perfect girl".

And I'm soooooooo not the perfect girl. What I thought I wanted is someone else's dream. Maybe from comparing myself to others around me, or maybe because I'm not actually there yet - but not mine, nevertheless.

I may not know what I want exactly, but I know it involves some level of adventure and bohemia. The cookie-cutter standard, life or guy, is not for me.

Amazing the things we learn.

And funny enough, my breaking point came while I was cleaning on the day of the new moon. Literally and emotionally purging, and making room for the new.

Guess I'm more in sync with ole' girl than I thought. (Yay me.)

12 comments:

  1. I just ended it with my boyfriend of 1 year too and I couldn't be more relieved. I had been feeling unsettled for months and then felt like the whole world just lifted off my shoulder when I finally did it. And I found out that he was getting ready to buy a ring too. I feel bad, but I know it was right. I'm just glad he didn't get around to asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our homes are maybe our most prominent resource and an agreeable place for us to live. They should be a withdraw from the worries of the world and therefore ought to invigorate, slick and clean. No one needs to originate from work to an untidy home or even to engage companions in it. The London Cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't make a move or a big spring clean even harder than it needs to be, get someone to come in and ease the pressure for you. junk hauling services

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would not be fair if we compliment all the blog writings but not the author.
    open this link

    ReplyDelete
  5. Floor coverings are in reality a standout amongst the most vital things that we can discover in our homes. These can represent the moment of truth the look the entire room. Home Clean Expert

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! Cleaners London

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wellbeing and way of life is extraordinarily impacted by the degree to which your home is kept clean, since germs, bugs, and other unsafe microscopic organisms increase in unclean situations. Indeed, even with this reality in information, most mortgage holders think that its extremely hard to set aside a few minutes to clean their homes, and dawdle about it. eco-dumpster

    ReplyDelete
  8. The neat and clean place of your office always makes the best impression on your office customer. So it’s very important for you to clean your office on a daily basis which looks your office more impressive to your office visit. The Ohio janitorial services make this task easy for you and you can hire the cleaning service which cleans your office on daily, weekly or monthly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete